Thursday, December 29, 2005

For Gracie...

You have never been given to things of this
world. You have
always strived for something greater. Something
that as a human, we can never
fully obtain. Something we
will not
fully understand until
we
pass from this life into
the next. But still, that
doesn't stop you from wanting more. You
have tasted
of heaven. You
have seen it and
you know
that the things of this world
pale in comparison to what the next has to
offer you. And
I just about cry
when I think of you. Why am
I mean to you? Why do I put you
down? Why can't I just build you up like I
should? Like
I'm called to do? Is it so
hard? You have grown into such
an amazing woman
of God, and
there are no combination
of letters and phrases that can
be put together to convey that to
you. But I have
tried to let you know that
I love you. That I care
for you. Perhaps
that is the problem. I try instead of
doing. I should care for you. I should
love you. And I do. I hope
I get better at
it as we get older. As you walk this
life, know that I am here
for you my lovely sister. If I can, I will
help you. Just call
on me. And most importantly, keep
that focus that you have. Keep
that driving vision. That hunger. For God
and the will he has for
your life. Give it all to him and in
the end, you will realize that though
life is hard, it's all worth
it in the end.

No comments: