Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Half-Way Point

Weeks two through five are now over. The first session crew is gone. ADA Week has passed. As I look back and reflect upon the first part of camp, it seems as if it has absolutely flown by. (I forget if I journaled about this, because I can't find it, but it is a good way to think of life.) We are all on a journey in life, and that journey is like a car ride. In the mirrors you can see what is behind you, where you have been, but are no longer; esstentially you see the past. In front of you, lies the future. What is to come. Your destiny. And while it is good to remember your past, it does not define your future. It merely reflects how you came to your present situation. And so far this summer, I have handled some things correctly, and well, others not so correctly. And just because I might have hypothetically handled a situation badly with a camper, does not mean that I have to do so in these next five weeks. Every new day seems like a new start. A chance perhaps to redeem myself for the mistakes past.

"When I am afraid,
I put my trust in you.
In God whose word I praise,
in God I trust; I shall not be afraid.
What can flesh do to me?"
-Pslam 56:3-4

-From a journal entry, 7/10/06

No comments: